|Contact:||jordi < dot > pons < at > upf < dot > edu|
|Curriculum vitae (September 2018)||GitHub|
- PhD candidate 2015 – till date (Barcelona)
Deep learning for (music) audio modeling.
- Telefónica Research Internship Summer 2018 (Barcelona)
Deep learning for sound event recognition.
- Pandora Radio Internship Summer 2017 (USA, Oakland – Bay Area)
Deep learning for music tagging at scale.
- German Hearing Center Summer 2015 (Hannover)
Improving cochlear implant users music
perception using source separation.
- Master in Sound & Music Computing
2014 – 2015 (Barcelona)
UPF – Music Technology Group.
- IRCAM Internship Sept. 2013 – Aug. 2014 (Paris)
Source separation for drums transcription.
- Telecommunications Engineer 2009 – 2014 (Barcelona)
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
- Conservatory 2002 – 2006 (Girona)
Piano, clarinet & harmony studies.
- Best student paper award for End-to-end learning for music audio tagging at scale in the 19th International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference (ISMIR, 2018).
- AI Grant Fellowship (2017) for the creation of Freesound Datasets.
- Machine Learning award for the poster Towards a grounded deep learning paradigm for music modeling in the 5th DTIC-UPF Doctoral Student Workshop (2017).
- Best paper award for Experimenting with Musically Motivated Convolutional Neural Networks in the 14th International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing (CBMI, 2016).
Jordi Pons is finishing his PhD in music technology, large-scale audio collections, and deep learning at the Music Technology Group (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona). Previously, he recieved a MSc in sound and music computing (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona), and his BS was in telecommunications engineering (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona). He also interned at IRCAM (Paris), at the German Hearing Center (Hannover), at Pandora Radio (USA, Bay Area), and at Telefónica Research (Barcelona).